If you ever visit Arlington National Cemetery, you will notice that there are no flowers on any of the grave sites. It is policy that nothing be put on the grave sites except on Memorial Day. On Memorial Day each grave site has an American flag placed in front of it.This year we were traveling from North Carolina to Maryland for a deputation meeting. We decided to stop in Washington DC again because a couple of the museums were closed the last time we were there. We arrived in Fairfax, VA the afternoon of Memorial Day. We rode the tram to Arlington National Cemetery so I could take pictures of the flags displayed on the grave sites. It was a very moving sight.
Homo chavistus
3 years ago
1 Comment:
I love these posts.. you guys are seeing things you would have never seen and the girls will remember this forever!! Miss you guys!
p.s It was such a joy to have Josie in VBS this year and to have her for the entire week, I loved it!
Post a Comment